- Security Portals
- Optical Turnstiles
- Gates & Doors
- Crowd Control
- Vehicle Barriers
- Revolving Doors
- Access Control
How To Order
Contact us for informationEmail or speak to a Product Advisor
View styles and featuresSelect options and request quote
Order online or by phoneCall 203-801-5900
Shoe Metal Detector - Leg Scanner
Automatic Detection of Weapons hidden in the shoes and simultaneous discrimination of the metal components of the shoes
- Increase in Passenger Flow Rate
- Reduction up to 10 times the number of shoes that must be examined manually
The dramatic events of 11th September 2001 caused the Airport Security Authorities to strengthen checks on passengers and their personal effects.
Notwithstanding the extremely high discrimination capability of last-generation CEIA walk-through Metal Detectors, a certain percentage of shoes containing significant metal masses still cause alarms during transit, and so have to be examined by security staff with another inspection system - usually the X-ray scanner - to ensure that there are no metal weapons hidden in them. This obviously causes inconvenience to the passengers in transit.
In the light of this new operational scenario, CEIA has developed the SAMD Shoe Analyzer to check shoes worn by passengers without having to remove them, employing low-frequency electromagnetic fields which are non-ionizing and completely harmless.
The SAMD Shoe Analyzer, which complies with the most recent, stringent security requirements, reduces by up to 10 times or more the number of shoes that must be examined manually.
- Professional high-integration, optimum reliability electronics
- D.S.P. analysis with numeric filter of the signal received
- High immunity demodulation of the signals
- Exceptional discrimination
- Immediately-available display of security level
- Chip card system for direct selection of the operating mode, according to International Security Standards or customer requirements. The use of the card may be protected by password
- Programmability of all the parameters protected by passwords
- Very reduced analysis time for a rapid flow-rate (2 seconds)
- Automatic synchronisation between 2 or more devices with a reciprocal distance of down to 1 m without the use of cables
- Capacity for total remote control through an RS-232C serial line
- Automatic adjustment to environmental parameters and absence of initial or periodic calibrations.
- Proper environmental installation checked by means of a read-out of the general noise “GN” and electromagnetic noise “EN”.
- Complete interchangeability of electronics units and antennae thanks to the repeatability of the manufacturing processes
- Functionality tests can be carried out using accessory kit
Central Electronics Unit
- Degree of protection: IP 20 (IEC 529), with standard casing
- Dimensions and weight: IP 20: 380 x 157 x 82 mm; 1,5 kg
- Power supply: 115/230V ˜ ±15%, , 50 … 60 Hz, 30 VA
- Serial interface: RS-232C type with low impedance for connection to terminal, computer or external modem at a distance of up to 100 m
- Working temperature: -20 to +70°C
- Storage temperature: -35 to +70°C
- Relative humidity: 0 to 95%, without condensation
- Designed and built using advanced technological criteria, the probe is extremely robust and stable, yet elegant and fully protected against the effects of weather and wear-and-tear
- Total weight: 60 kg
- Display of use instructions
- Detection of metallic masses
- Sabotage or internal self-diagnosis
- Visual: fixed or proportionate to the mass in transit - visible from 6m under lighting of 4000lux.
- Audio: programmable up to 90 dB(A) at 1m
Certification and Conformity
- Certified as harmless to wearers of pacemakers, invalids, pregnant women and so forth.
- Harmless to magnetic media
- Conforms to the detection requirements of EU Reg. N°1862/2006
- Conforms to the provisions of EU Reg N°857/2005 for Airport Security
- Conforms to the international standards currently applicable for electrical safety and EMC, and to the applicable EC Regulations.
- Conforms to all Airport Security Standards worldwide